This country is such a fucking joke. Did you know that if we were to divide the income in this country fairly it would be about 300,000 per person. That’s annually. You could give each person in this country 100,000 and still have enough to invest in infrastructure and research. Instead we have people who don’t have water, don’t have their basic human rights fulfilled, because they don’t have enough to pay a bill.Capitalism is inhumane.
Free rides for everyone! Victim and entitlement complex is strong with these ones.
You’re right! Let the poor starve! They don’t deserve healthcare! Why don’t they just buy more money? You tell ‘em, John Maynard Keynes!
Pistorius has taught abusers everywhere that they can come up with the flimsiest of lies and will be believed. Women everywhere have learned that their partners can terrorize and abuse and even murder them and get away with it.
She must have been terrified."
We know why she locked herself in the bathroom with her phone.
Sexualities/Genders (And Other Terms One Should Know)
- Heterosexual: Male-identifying individual sexually attracted to a female-identifying individual, and vice-versa.
- Homosexual: Someone attracted to someone of the same gender as themselves.
- Bisexual: Sexually attracted to two or more genders.
- Polysexual: Sexually attracted to many genders, but not all.
- Pansexual: Sexually attracted to all genders. (this and bisexual, and sometimes polysexual, are often considered to be the same thing and different people may simply identify as any one of them due to their own personal reasons)
- Demisexual: Sexually attracted to people only after forming a bond with them first.
- Asexual: Having no /sexual attraction/ to others; having no desire to have sex.
- Heteroromantic: Male-identifying individual romantically attracted to female-identifying individuals, and vice-versa.
- Homoromantic: Attracted romantically to the same gender.
- Biromantic: Attracted romantically to two or more genders
- Polyromantic: Attracted to many genders (but not all)
- Panromantic: Attracted romantically to all genders
- Demiromantic: Romantically attracted to people only after forming a bond with them first.
- Aromantic: Having no /romantic attraction/ to others; having no desire to be in a romantic relationship.
- Polyamorous: Someone who is attracted to, and is comfortable with being in a relationship with more than one person at a time.
- Transexual/Transgender (Term depending on generation and location): An individual who identifies as a gender other than the one they were assigned at birth to be. Often shortened to trans
- Cisgender: Someone who identifies as the gender that they were assigned as at birth. (ex. matches their birth certificate) Often shortened to cis
- Intersex: Someone who has ambiguous genitalia that doesn't fit into our strict dichotomy of uterus or testes. Often forced into surgery to correct their genitals at a very young age, causing psychological and physical harm later in life
- Nonbinary: Outside of the gender binary of male and female. (Can be used as an umbrella term or as its own identity)
- Genderqueer: Outside of the gender binary. (**This is not an umbrella term like the post said before I edited it! Do not use this as an umbrella term for nonbinary individuals, simply use 'nonbinary'. Queer is considered a slur and not everyone likes to be associated with the word)
- Agender: Someone who feels gender neutral, or someone who experiences a 'lack' of gender.
- Bigender: Someone who identifies as two separate genders.
- Trigender: Someone who identifies as three separate genders.
- Genderfluid: A gender that changes, or is 'fluid'.
- Demigirl: Identifying partially as a woman, but not wholly.
- Demiboy/guy: Identifying partially as a man, but not wholly.
- Dmab: Designated Male at Birth.
- Dfab: Designated Female at Birth.
- Amab/Afab: Same as dmab/dmab, except with 'assigned' instead of 'designted'.
- Camab/Cafab: Same as previous, except prefixed by 'coercively', to highlight the lack of choice.
- Reblog to inform! And if there's any I missed or anything that should be clarified, please message me! Always looking to expand the proper vocab. : )
- **I edited this post because it used some archaic and incorrect terms/definitions, and needed more terms added to it. -Vivian Mareepe
notyour-habibti said: Do you have any info about the US and their misuse of their military and overspending? basically the person i was arguing w/ this dude about that topic and he was like Yeah good idea, lets not spend money to protect our people, lets not spend money to supply further foreign aid to our friends abroad . We may spend more than any other country but if the need arises, lets see other countries carry on without us, because an army is not made over night. You should be thankful that these people
so you can have your opinion. Here’s an idea, if you dont like it here. Why not leave? If people are so fed up with America, they have the freedom to leave and to not come back. and its such BS cause im thinking well at who’s expense do you “protect” this country ? im afghan btw so it pisses me off when people try and glorify the US military when its the complete opposite. but i need resources to back me up :/
Well like, if you look at US military spending, it accounts for 40% of global military expenditure and is top of the global military spending list by quite some distance, and spends more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of whom are American allies. Can anyone honestly look at that and think “This is proportional, understandable, and necessary”? Considering that the US Dept. of education had a budget of $69.8bn, what does it say about American domestic interests if the US is spending over ten times as much money on war as it is on educating the next generation?
And Americans really need to have a frank and open discussion about whether the military really does function as a tool for protection against threats or whether it is just a symptom of the inherent violence that is required to sustain a neo-imperialist project.
Where is this threat coming from and how severe is it that the US needs to spend over half a trillion dollars countering it? Are the Taliban and co. really that threatening and is the existential threat from them that real that the US needs to pour a seemingly endless ocean of resources into challenging them?
And tbh, the rest of it is just racist drivel like white people will quote freedom of speech a thousand times to allow them to be bigots but the moment a brown person calls them out on their shit, they tell them to leave the country.
It’s time for a lot us to admit that the “whoopins” we got as kids was actually abuse and not something that’s supposed to happen.
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, like we seem to look back and laugh at it but that’s just a coping method so we don’t have to acknowledge the fact that our parents did some monstrous things to us (also because white people will put their own racist twist on it if they hear us talk about it)
Hey, so remember how Israel always falls over itself reminding us how much it cares about the well-being of the LGBTQ community? How it’s the “only safe haven for queer people in the middle east”? How it benevolently cares for injured Palestinians even though we’re all undeserving savages”?
Well, in a statement released by IDF intel officers refusing to serve, it was revealed that the IDF and Israeli intelligence in general blackmail sick and queer Palestinians into becoming collaborators and informants.
This is part of the testimonies of these officers:
"If you’re homosexual and know someone who knows a wanted person – and we need to know about it – Israel will make your life miserable. If you need emergency medical treatment in Israel, the West Bank or abroad – we searched for you. The state of Israel will allow you to die before we let you leave for treatment without giving information on your wanted cousin. If you interest Unit 8200 as a technological unit, and don’t have anything to do with any hostile activity, you’re an objective."
This is standard operating procedure. This is nothing out of the ordinary, this is not a special case. This is the logic of Israel, this is the logic of a colonial state, one built on ethnic supremacy, built on genocide.
At this point, any person saying that the IDF is a moral army, or that Israel cares in the slightest about human rights, then they need to do a 5 second google search, because this information is everywhere.
To keep repeating this lie means you’re either incredibly ignorant/being misled in an age where information is at your fingertips, or you’re an imperialist bigot.
"As the (generational) effects of global capitalism, genocide, violence, oppression and trauma settle into our bodies, we must build new understandings of bodies and gender that can reflect our histories and our resiliency, not our oppressor or our self-shame and loathing. We must shift from a politic of desirability and beauty to a politic of ugly and magnificence. That moves us closer to bodies and movements that disrupt, dismantle, disturb. Bodies and movements ready to throw down and create a different way for all of us, not just some of us. We all run from the ugly. And the farther we run from it, the more we stigmatize it and the more power we give beauty. Our communities are obsessed with being beautiful and gorgeous and hot. What would it mean if we were ugly? What would it mean if we didn’t run from our own ugliness or each other’s? How do we take the sting out of “ugly?” What would it mean to acknowledge our ugliness for all it has given us, how it has shaped our brilliance and taught us about how we never want to make anyone else feel? What would it take for us to be able to risk being ugly, in whatever that means for us. What would happen if we stopped apologizing for our ugly, stopped being ashamed of it? What if we let go of being beautiful, stopped chasing “pretty,” stopped sucking in and shrinking and spending enormous amounts of money and time on things that don’t make us magnificent?"